16 oz rice noodles
3 stalks celery
2 med. sized carrots
2 C shredded Cabbage (I used an 8.5oz bag of coleslaw cabbage)
2 chicken thighs (Next time I will use 2 or 3 chicken breasts)
4 cloves garlic
1/4 C onion
1/4 C Green Onion
1/2 c. soy sauce
3 T. Canola oil (can use vegetable oil)
salt and pepper to taste
Boil chicken in 4 cups water for about 20 - 25min. I leave the skin on the chicken while boiling for added flavor in the broth.

Place rice noodles in water to soak.

While chicken is cooking chop veggies and garlic into small pieces.

Put oil and garlic in large wok or pot. Saute garlic. If garlic is overcooked it will be bitter. So a light golden brown is good.

Cut chicken into small pieces, removing skin. Set Broth aside. DON'T POUR IT OUT.

Add soy sauce and chicken to pot with garlic. Heat over med for 2 min.

Add veggies, rice noodles, and 1 cup of broth. Stir well.

Add the rest of the broth in small amounts stirring well.
Let steam fry (I used a lid to keep steam in) for about 20 min on medium low heat stirring frequently.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot.

Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment